Newton Police Department
• Brooklyn E. Mallicoat, 18, of Newton, is charged with accessory to a felony after authorities were called to 315 E. Fourth St. S. at 10:49 p.m. Wednesday. Officers were attempting to locate a suspect when they found him with Mallicoat in a garage. Officers said they had been in contact with Mallicoat prior to the arrest about the suspect and told her if they were caught together, she would also go to jail. Mallicoat said she understood and understood why she was arrested. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Michael T. Todd, 27, of Newton, is charged with driving while barred after authorities pulled him over at 12:10 a.m. Thursday at 419 W. Second St. S. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Barry J. Watts, 31, of Fort Dodge, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 2:38 a.m. Dec. 14 after police pulled over a Cadillac with a non-operational plate light at 100 E. Third St. S. The driver was identified as Watts. He was driving with a suspended driver’s license. During his arrest, police found a glass pipe in his pocket with white residue used for smoking meth. Watts was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
Jasper County Sheriff’s Office
• Kaitlin M. Keeling, 23, of Mitchellville, was charged with driving while barred at 12:06 p.m. Dec. 16 after police were called to mile marker 160 on Interstate 80 East. The vehicle had a flat tire, and the driver was stranded. Keeling’s license is temporary restricted. She was released and issued a citation to appear in court.
• Gary E. Edwards, 53, of Johnston, was charged with driving while barred at 7 p.m. Dec. 16 at 102 Blair St. in Kellogg. Edwards was seen driving to the Kellogg Country Store with a barred driving status and expired registration. Edwards was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Johnny DeVries, 59, of Pella, was charged with driving while barred at 5:05 p.m. in the 5300 block of Highway 117 South in Colfax. DeVries was stopped for speeding. He was driving without a valid driver’s license. He was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.